Health Care Homes
Suite of educational resources
AGPAL was commissioned by the Commonwealth, Department of Health in 2016 to develop an educational suite to support implementation of the national Health Care Homes program, which is ongoing until June 2021.
Three evidence-based courses were strategically merged into one comprehensive training package to maximise successful and sustainable transformation in practices and across the health care system.
These courses were:
- Ten Building Blocks of High Performing Primary Care,
- Co-creating Health, and
- Safety Net Medical Home Change Concepts for Transformation.
The co-designed suite of education and training includes:
- a bespoke e-Learning platform
- 11 interactive e-Learning modules
- 500 tools and resources
- 100+ activities
- 50+ training videos
- face-to-face 'train the trainer' workshops
- ‘train the trainer’ manual
- 50+ coaching webinars
- series of handbooks to support different user groups (consumers, practices, care teams), and
- national coach to provide ongoing support to the practice facilitators across the participating ten Primary Health Networks (PHNs).
Director, Health Care Homes
"AGPAL was responsible for the development of education and training materials for the Health Care Homes program.
AGPAL consistently demonstrated their expertise and responsiveness throughout the development process.
AGPAL met delivery timeframes throughout the project and have been accommodating in responding to program and policy changes.
AGPAL continues to be a valuable partner in implementing the Health Care Homes program."